How do I apply for a T2T-I Teacher Trips Grant?
What does a T2T-I Teacher Trip Grant cover?
- The grant covers the a portion of the trip fee paid to T2T-I. See trip pages on this website for 2016 trip costs.
- Trip costs do not cover airfare to the trip location; therefore, the grants do not cover this cost either.
What is the grant amount for the each trip?
Grant amounts vary based on the trip’s full cost. For 2016, grants are available in the following amounts:
- Santa Avelina, Guatemala: up to $400
- Ninos de Guatemala: up to $500
- New Hope, Guatemala: up to $450
- Santo Domingo, Ecuador: up to $300
- Galapagos: up to $600
How does T2T-I decide who receives funding?
- All current and retired school staff and university faculty who are paying out of pocket will receive a grant.
- Teachers who are funded through support from their district, external grants, or sponsorships are not eligible for funding.
- Trip participants who are not current or former educators are not eligible for 2016 T2T-I Teacher Trip Grants.
Does T2T-I provide special funding to returning T2T-I trip participants?
Yes, returning educators are eligible to receive an additional $100 in grant funding.
What commitments are required in order to receive a T2T-I grant?
When grant recipients are notified of their award, they will receive information on commitments related to the grant. These commitments will include
- Completing the pre-departure mini-course prior to your T2T-I trip
- Developing activities and lesson plans aligned to the standards of the host country during the T2T-I trip
- Providing program feedback during the course of the trip
- Responding to a T2T-I check in six months and one year after the trip
Is my spouse or child eligible for grant funding?
If your spouse or child meets the criteria outlined above–he or she is a current or retired educator–then he or she is eligible and must apply separately.
When will I find out if I receive funding?
If you meet the eligibility requirements outlined above, you will receive funding. T2T-I will provide official notification of funding, including specific obligations related to the grant, in mid-May 2016.