Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization Purpose: Teachers2Teachers (T2T) is a non-profit organization providing global professional development opportunities for teachers. With a focus on STEM, we send educators to build meaningful, long-term partnerships in schools around the world. We emphasize a culturally relevant approach that encourages student-centered instruction while respecting each community’s learning goals.
The Finance Manager position is contracted for 10-15 hours per week with opportunities for growth in the future. Candidates must speak fluent English and Spanish.
Working Relationships: The Finance Manager reports directly to Michelle Pratico, Executive Vice President, laterally to Manuela Cea-Poblete, Guatemala Country Director, and will maintain a close working relationship with Hans del Cid, Project Coordinator.
Job Description: The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring T2T’s financial transactions are correctly received, spent, and recorded. The Finance Manager’s tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Invoice teacher trip, workshop, conference, and seminar participants and organizations
- Collect and record payments, and reconcile transactions
- Record and manage all income
- Process expense reimbursements and claims
- Pay all invoices including contracted staff monthly payments
- Work directly with T2T staff to ensure funds are in place for trips
- Analyze financial data and develop budgets
- Provide finance updates at weekly staff meetings
- Maintains and balance bank, credit card, accounting software, payment transfer, and invoicing accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements (SAT) by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports and advising management on needed actions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Desired Qualifications: Candidates should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Registered in SAT as an accountant. And have experience on the correspondent procedures SAT requires for NGO’s in Guatemala. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of Xero, Xoom, and Bill.com.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Manuela Cea-Poblete, Guatemala Country Director, at [email protected] Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Teachers2Teachers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.